Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Trading Post and The Bazaar


Hello everyone!! I just wanted to share with you two new vintage patterns groups I created on FaceBook.




The Vintage Patterns Trading Post is a new group for people that are willing to trade copies of their vintage patterns with each other. Simply create an album and upload pictures of all your patterns into it. On the fairness of a pattern for a pattern, you find another's pattern that you like, comment with TRADE and then patiently wait for them to look in your album for a pattern they like. They will also comment with Trade. From there you just make a copy of the pattern you have (through tracing or photocopying) and mail the patterns off to each other! What a great way to receive hard to find patterns until you can acquire the original! After all, I know we all take pride in having the originals. :)



Vintage Patterns Bazaar is a market place to sell your original patterns at affordable prices - $20 and under. No copies or PDFs. With the fees of Ebay and Etsy, prices for some of the more common patterns seem to have skyrocketed! Here you can still reach people who are interested in buying and you won't lose even more in fees (minus PayPal) when someone buys! It's a great win for buyers and sellers!

Both groups are just starting out, so there aren't many albums yet, but I have a good feeling bother groups will fill up and fast!

So if either of these groups sound like they could be fun to you, please join and get active. :)

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! Sorting patterns...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I know a couple of us are getting a little overwhelmed, but that is just because there are only a handful of albums now and they are all filled with AMAZING patterns. Once more people start posting and get active, it will be a little less overwhelming. :)

      Delete
  2. It is awesome that you did this and it is fun though I can only imagine I have two request and that even feels like a lot to me. I can only imagine how AmyJean feels with 9 request holy moly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe Thanks. I think that once more and more people start posting their albums, people will request less from each since there will be more to choose from and it won't be as exciting as it is at the moment. Well, that is not exactly true -- it will still be exciting. :)

      Delete
  3. Also I wish there was a better way to organize the albums so you don't have to search through all the post to find them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if you are using mobile, I don't have mobile so I am not sure how it looks, but on the computer you can click the photos tab that is right under the header and just look at the albums without all the posts. :)

      Delete
  4. This is such a great idea! I'm going check out both sites. I know I have a few patterns that I would not mind coping and trading. Thanks so much or organizing these groups!
    -Emily

    Emily's Vintage Visions

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic idea. I'll check it out. I'm not really good in sewing but I love to collect patterns. My fav dress that I got from my new fav shop stores.ebay.com/vintageswank was the same from a paterrn given my friend.

    ReplyDelete